Surgery for cancer of esophagus, stomach, colon, rectum, gall bladder, pancreas, breast, skin & extremities.
Cancer patients are best managed by multidisciplinary teams. Common treatments for cancer involve surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and biological therapies.
Surgery provides the best chance to stop, control and cure cancer by completely removing it. Surgery is advised for treatment of cancer to achieve various goals depending upon the stage at which the patient presents. Usually surgery may be required in cancer patients:
- To confirm the diagnosis [ biopsy]
- For staging and assessing the extent of cancer. [Preoperative staging Laparoscopy]
- For removing the cancer in totality [ Curative Surgery]
- To relieve symptoms and discomfort due to cancer, when complete resection in not possible. [ Palliative Surgery]
- To remove the bulk of tumor [Debulking Surgery]
- Restorative surgery may be required after removal of cancer to restore shape or function of body parts.
We are regularly managing patients of gastrointestinal cancers, like esophageal cancers, stomach cancers, gallbladder cancer, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer and anal canal cancers.
Breast cancer surgery like breast conserving surgery, axillary dissection, and radical mastectomy are frequently performed. We also perform neck dissections for oral cancers and thyroid tumors. Amputations for extremity sarcoma and excision of epithelial cancers are also frequently performed.
Verrucous carcinoma angle of mouth: Preoperative & Postoperative view.